6 Ways To Create a Safe Website
How To Build a Website And Stay Away From Fraudsters
Internet fraud has been increasing gradually in the last couple of years. If you open a new business or think of creating a new website, you need to arm yourself with knowledge about scammers. Here are six efficient ways to protect yourself from fraud as much as possible when launching your page.
1. Carefully Choose a Web Studio
The first step? It is to choose the right company that will provide the service – website creation. This is the first and most challenging step to create a website that will work for you.
What do you mean – the right company? The right company – the one in which you will be sure. Reliable company, established, professional. Here is more.
How to know if the company in which you turned to create the site is the right one:
- Communication with the manager about the creation of the site will tell you a lot. The competence of the manager, his knowledge and skills, the desire to help you and prompt says that the company is interested in the client was eventually satisfied;
- Promptness of fulfillment of obligations to create the site. The speed of task fulfillment proves the professional approach to the business, excellent knowledge of employees’ duties, as well as well-established work system;
- The quality of work on the creation of the site. Having a portfolio of already created sites will help you conclude the created sites’ rate and the company’s capabilities. Use mockups (like these poster mockups) to check the usability of the design;
- It would help if you could listen to the advice of acquaintances who have already ordered a site in a company; their recommendations can help you decide on your choice.
2. Do Not Start Collaboration Immediately
Many companies offer the service – creating sites to order in the market. And it is challenging to choose one of them with which you will work later. Before you choose one web-studio, you should carefully study the offers of other firms. Explore the market, compare prices and opportunities.
3. Don’t Be Afraid of Low Prices
The advertisement reads: “Create websites for $50! It alerted you and immediately remembered the saying: “Free cheese is only available in a mousetrap.” However, this saying is not entirely applicable to the sphere of website creation.
The fact is that large web studios, which are popular, have a massive influx of customers due to this and an adequately organized workflow, which can make the price of the site acceptable to customers. Which, in no case affects the quality of the websites being created.
4. Pay Attention to Advertising
Not many pay attention to it, but it creates the first impression of the company that offers sites’ creation.
Probably, you should not trust advertising 100%, but it will allow you to pay attention to this or that company. A good, appealing, exciting advertising tells you about the company’s desire to attract customers. Whether their attractive advertising slogans are real, you will find out by ordering a website from them.
5. Who Are Your Clients?
Looking through the portfolio of the web studio in which you want to order the site’s creation, pay attention to the presence of serious projects and serious customers. Indeed, it would be best to trust a web studio that creates websites for large reputable companies. They have trusted it!
6. The Contract Is More Expensive Than Money
The presence of a contract to create a website is a good sign. After all, most companies build the work process based on “honest word” and do not support cooperation with contractual relations.
Read every clause of the contract. Do it very carefully because it specifies your obligations and your rights. Explain to the manager the points that you do not understand. And remember, by signing the contract, you agree with all the attributes of the contract.
No one can give you a hundred percent guarantee that you will not fall into the hands of fraudsters. The good news? There are still many more reliable companies than you should be afraid of!
How To Report Suspicious Activity
Let your family and friends know about this article on social media. You can also officially report scammers and any other suspicious activity do it to the Federal Trade Commission using this link: Report To The FTC Here
How To Protect Yourself More
If you want to be the first to find out the most notorious scams every week, feel free to subscribe to the Scam Detector newsletter here. You’ll receive periodic emails – we promise not to spam.
Meanwhile, educate yourself with some other fraud-related articles right under this paragraph, so that you know how to stay safe online. Last but not least, use the Comments section below to expose other scammers.
How To Create a Wikipedia Page: The Scam